Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Love Lifted Me

Love Lifted MeLove Lifted Me by Sara Evans

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 304 pages
Published January 3rd 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers
ISBN 1595544917

Goodreads synopsis: Jade Benson embraces unexpected motherhood when her husband Max gains custody of his young son. As she and Max work out their newly formed family, an invitation to coach Texas high school football sends them on a journey. Then a stranger reveals a painful secret, and Jade faces her hardest challenge yet. When she surrenders her heart to God and to her husband, Jade discovers the joy of love lifting her above her fears. (I couldn't find a better way to say it.)

After reading "Softly and Tenderly" I knew there was no way I was going to miss this next one in the series. I was not disappointed with "Love Lifted Me." I was so inspired by Jade's determination. Her support for her husband, Max, was touching and the way she doted over a boy that was not hers, but her husband's was nothing less than amazing. I loved how the relationship was written so real. When Max came back from rehab, it wasn't an immediate "we're good now." No, it was a slow and steady walk for both Max and Jade. At times there was trust issues, but Max didn't get upset with Jade. He knew he messed up and it would take time. I loved that realness!

And you know so many times, we go on a journey that we are sure the Lord has put us on only to get to a certain point and think "Did I do the wrong thing?" I will admit, it's happened to me quite often. Which is why I liked this story so much. We all go through those times and to watch Max and Jade go through those same concerns was reassuring.

One last thing, I have to throw a shout out to the characters of Brenda and Bit. My heavens, what a pair. Had me laughing! "Just when he was starting to wonder...God sent a booster party and a rocking band." Ok, ok, enough from me, just go read this book!!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...