Thursday, April 19, 2012

Love Finds a Way

Love Finds a Way: 3 Modern Romances Make Falling in Love Simple and SweetLove Finds a Way: 3 Modern Romances Make Falling in Love Simple and Sweet by Wanda E. Brunstetter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 288 pages
Published January 3rd 2012 by Barbour Publishing, Inc.
ISBN 1616266708

Three short and sweet love stories in one! Lorna heads back to college to finally fulfill her dreams with no intentions of looking for love. But, when Evan shows up and is determined to win her affections, Lorna doesn't stand a chance. In the second novella, Sheila is determined to find her grandmother's old antique doll. In the process a very determined antique store owner refuses to let her down and continues to search for the doll until he finds it or finds love. The third charming little story is of Wendy who works and then goes home to take care of her dad, nothing else. Can her matchmaking dad help Wendy find love or will is antics make Wendy more determined to stay single.

What I really liked about these three stories was that each girl was trying to overcome a hurt and knew they wouldn't be able to do it without God's love. Lorna was heartbroken when her husband died much too young and she didn't want to marry again and dishonor her in-laws. Sheila was so caught up in things, that she forgot there's more to life. And Wendy, well she was hurt once and refused to be hurt again so she shut every man in her life out except her dad. All of them were having problems that needed God's healing touch. I loved how Wanda was able to weave God's message into these stories and I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to take a break from reading 400 page novels. I LOVED reading my autographed copy that I won through Wanda's website! :D

You know what I find funny about short stories? Everyone always wishes there was more or they criticize love not moving that fast and the story being unrealistic. Not everyone plays hard to get for years on end and then finally marries. Some actually do fall in love at first site and their story seems almost too good to be true, but honestly, it does happen. I've lived love at first sight, so to me these three simple and sweet stories reminds me of my husband and I.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Barbour Publishing in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...