Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hide in Plain Sight

Hide In Plain SightHide In Plain Sight by Marta Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published August 7th 2007 by Steeple Hill
ISBN 0373442556
series: The Three Sisters Inn #1, Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #65

Unable to leave her family during their time of need, Andrea leaves big city life and heads to Amish country to help her grandmother turn her old house into a bed and breakfast. But, when she arrives not only does she realize her grandmother's financial situation is worse than she thought, she also gets caught up in a series of life-threatening incidents.

This was one of the first books I downloaded in Kindle format and it was a freebie. Why it took me so long to read, I have no idea! I love anything Amish and I love a good mystery! I was so intrigued by Andrea's determination to help her grandmother. I also enjoyed watching Andrea grow closer to God again. This is one of those mysteries that I can't say I really thought of anyone in particular that would have been the culprit. I think all the characters seemed very level and not a one of them had a "strong" enough reason for causing the "accidents." To me, that says a lot about Marta. Sometimes, the author tries to divert so much attention away from the "real" culprit that they overdo it and go to extremes to make someone else look like the bad guy. Great job Marta on making me really think about who did it! I really did not see that one coming!


View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...