Saturday, February 18, 2012

When the Smoke Clears

When the Smoke ClearsWhen the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason

Paperback, 340 pages
Published February 1st 2012 by Fleming H. Revell Company
ISBN 0800720075 (ISBN13: 9780800720070)

After a brush with death due to equipment failure, smokejumper Alexia Allen is ordered to take time off while the incident is under investigation. She makes a last-minute decision to recuperate at her mother's home and attend her high school reunion. Yet trouble seems to be following her, and within hours of arriving home she is confronted with murder, arson--and a handsome detective.

All I can say is WOW!! It has been a long time since I read a book that had me completely captivated by page 40! I was sitting in the car with my son, he on my tablet playing a game and me reading my book. We were waiting outside for my daughter to be done with her cheerleading practice. It was peaceful...quiet...the book was intense...and then my son *coughs*!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! I about jumped out of my skin! I was so wrapped up in the story and what was happening with Alexia I forgot where I was! Good grief, it's been a long time since that has happened!

This is my first book by Lynette that I have read. When I read the author info I quickly discovered that she lives about 45 minutes away from me! And the book happens about 20 minutes from where I live! For me, that made it that much more interesting! I can assure you, this will not be the last book I read by this author! I've got to support my hometown girl and of course I enjoy LOVE a good suspense/mystery!!

I was graciously provided a free copy of this book from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group, to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

kalea_kane said...

I love mysteries too. I've seen reviews for this one, but haven't put my hands on it yet. Sadly by TBR list is wayyyyyy too long. I'll get there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...