Sunday, February 5, 2012

Habits...what are they?

Just beginning after school running club, three more weeks of basketball and cheerleading, two weeks 'til we are living with over 300 boxes of cookies, one more week of extra dance lessons, and one Science project DONE! Yay! Good grief! Who knew having three children would be so much work? I thought having three children 4 and under was a lot of work! That's nothing in comparison to everything we do now! To be honest, yes, I knew it would be a lot of work. But I seem to be really struggling lately with being able to handle it all.

Some weeks, I go through out my day, get all my stuff done, keep up with household chores, and still have a few minutes of "me" time. Lately, not so much! What has happened? And how do I continue to be the Proverbs 31 woman when the busier I get, the less my family does as far as helping out. One would think that if mommy has less time we should help out more. Not here in this house! When mommy's busy and stressing out, "Let's do less, so we can aggravate her some more!" Ugh! This entire past week, my schedule has been off. We had a sickness in the house and trying to be polite, I didn't do my usual banging around, so my schedule got off track. (And as I'm sitting here typing, I'm thinking, "Did I wash my daughter's shirt that she has to wear on Mondays?") ...deep breath... It will all be ok.

Seriously though, how do you continue with a smile on your face when your faced with twice as much work. And hubby is doing about twice the amount of work he can normally handle and still taking three college classes! And the kids? Well, I don't know what to do to get them to help. We didn't give them their allowance this week, because they've been so bad about helping out.

Well, they say it takes 3-4 weeks to form a new habit. When I looked this up online, they actually said it could take anywhere from 18 days to 254 days, with the average being 66 days. It all depends on the complexity of the habit being formed. Who knew, right? I'm hoping to start several new habits this month and I am praying they will take WAY less than 254 days to sink in! I'm going to try this week, to not just pin stuff to Pinterest that I think is easy to do, cool for my house, and affordable, but to also put some of them into action. The first one I thought was cool, was to print all my recipes, put them in sheet protectors, and put them in a binder divided by ways of cooking. For example, slow-cooker, freezer, side dishes, desserts, etc. I bought the binder and protector sheets for less than $20! When I came home I helped my daughter finish her Science project first and my printer ran out of ink after the first page of her 2 page research paper! grrrr....So,  my new habit will have to wait until tomorrow when I can get more ink. I can tell already, we're off to a great start! It's not going to be easy! Durn you printer!

What habits are you trying to form?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...