Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Smack Dab in the Middle of God's Love

Smack Dab in the Middle of God's LoveSmack Dab in the Middle of God's Love by Brennan Manning

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hardcover, 32 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Thomas Nelson
ISBN 1400317134 (ISBN13: 9781400317134)

All the neighborhood children love to visit Willie Juan and Ana. Willie Juan loves to talk with the children and answer their questions. Ana loves to make her sopapillas for them. After all the children are full, they sit around and talk about God's love.

A precious story of a Mexican husband and wife team who share God's love, not only by words, but by action. While I don't think this story will be well loved by kids, the message is undeniably awesome! I'm not sure kids will like it so much and want to read it on their own, just because it really doesn't have a lot of anything going on. There is no quirky character to love, no action or mystery to catch their attention, nor is there any real "plot." However, I do think this book would be great to use in a Sunday School classroom, where the teacher can expand more on the story and the message within it. God's love surely is big enough for all of us. Imagine the delight He would feel if we all understood that, especially His precious children!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Tommy Nelson in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...