Monday, January 16, 2012

The Shadow of Your Smile

The Shadow of Your SmileThe Shadow of Your Smile by Susan May Warren

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Tyndale House Publishers
ISBN 1414334834 (ISBN13: 9781414334837)
Series: Deep Haven #6

In the small quaint town of Deep Haven, life is anything but easy. Noelle is seeking to fulfill her dreams outside of her marriage. Her husband, Eli, has turned to another woman for friendship. They've drifted apart for years now. When Noelle winds up in the middle of a robbery and is injured in her attempt to escape, their worlds are once again turned upside down. But, this time is different. Will it tear them apart for good or is this God's way of showing them their way back to each other?

Oh, I was so mad at Eli for hurting Noelle and even thinking about being with another woman. I was determined not to like him. But, somewhere along the way, my heart broke for him. After a tragic loss to their family, Eli handled it the best way he knew how at that time. Was it right? Probably not, but he's human. I was so touched by the sweet flashbacks of happier times and my heart broke for the pain-filled, guilt-ridden flashbacks. Such a sweet story of God's ways are not always our ways. We may not always understand why certain things happen, but we must believe that God has something bigger and better planned for us if we just trust in Him. "Let the storm pass on by."

There are so many other wonderful characters in this story, but the story of Noelle and Eli touched me the most. I couldn't imagine the loneliness Noelle felt after her accident. My heart broke for her. I don't know how I would get through the day if I were in her shoes. Another reminder that God's ways are not my ways, and thank God for that. You've just got to check this one out for yourself. You won't want to miss out on Emma finally kissing her high school "crush" and the fight that happens after the championship basketball game that nearly rips apart two families.


I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Litfuse in conjunction with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Lane Hill House said...

Thank you for your review! I would like to read "The Shadow of Your Smile." I have not read Deep Haven books.
lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...