Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Catch the Wind, Harness the Sun

Catch the Wind, Harness the Sun: 22 Super-Charged Projects for KidsCatch the Wind, Harness the Sun: 22 Super-Charged Projects for Kids by Michael J. Caduto

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Paperback, 224 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Storey Publishing, LLC
ISBN 1603427945 (ISBN13: 9781603427944)

"What kind of citizen do you want to be for planet Earth?" Does your child have a passion for finding ways to reduce their carbon footprint? If so, then this is definitely the book for them! I am so not the science person...at all! The book recommends kids ages 8-12 could use this and complete the projects, but I personally think it would be 10-12 (and maybe some adults like myself may still have trouble).

Going by only the title of the book can be a little misleading. I initially thought the book was full of plain ole science projects. In actuality it is a book full of environmentally friendly projects designed to show your child how they can reduce their carbon footprint. This is not a bad thing, just different than what I first thought.

I consider this book full of great recommendations for a budding environmentalist. There are a ton of eco-friendly projects to do such as pie plate windmills, ways to find wasted energy, how to study the greenhouse effect, and using solar power to make sun tea. The book is divided into different sections each focusing on a different aspect of the environment. And what's really neat is each project is broken down into "Think about it," "Think harder," and "Now really think." Great ways to help your kid really gain a full understanding of the project.

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Storey Publishing in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...