Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Amazing Fitness Adventure for Your Kids

The Amazing Fitness Adventure for Your KidsThe Amazing Fitness Adventure for Your Kids by Phil Parham

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Paperback, 240 pages
Published September 1st 2011 by Harvest House Publishers
ISBN 0736939210 (ISBN13: 9780736939218)

Take a look at the first chapter by clicking here.

One fitness adventure you won't want to miss out on! From Phil and Amy Parham, former contestants on The Biggest Loser, comes this challenge to get your kids active! Filled with suggestions on healthier snacks, how to be more active, and how to set a good example, this is one fitness book that you will want to add to your repertoire.

My two favorite parts of this book, that I've not seen in other fitness books, is the portion size guide and the daily questions. The portion size guide breaks down the ages of children and gives correct portion sizes for the five food groups. I've always wondered what a correct kids' portion was! In the second part of the book, the actual fitness adventure, is spread out over a 90-day challenge. Each day there is a "tip of the day," a "think about it," and a "talk about it." During the 90-day challenge you are encouraged to talk about these daily with your family.

I would have loved to see more put into the actual 90 day adventure by adding some exercise ideas kids would like, but overall this is a very useful guide in helping get your family healthier, together!

I was graciously provided a free digital copy of this book from Harvest House Publishers in partnership with NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

View all my reviews




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...